This six-month training in the ancestral lineage repair method developed by Daniel Foor, Ph.D. is for experienced ritualists who are psychologically well and already in healthy relationship with their own ancestral lineages. The work itself will closely follow Ancestral Medicine: Rituals for Personal and Family Healing (publication July 2017, Inner Traditions).
People drawn to guide ancestral healing work for others may include psychotherapists, medical professionals, activists and community leaders, hospice workers and death midwives, historians and genealogists, priests of diverse traditions, geneticists, and holistic healers. In addition to learning to guide ancestral lineage repair work in an individual context, participants will:
- Engage in altar construction, ancestral prayer and invocation, and offering practices
- Learn basic skills for assisting the dying and recently deceased
- Weave social and earth justice considerations into the practice of ancestral healing
- Increase personal capacity to engage the ancestors through dreams and synchronicity
- Receive instruction for working with ancestral curses and other toxins
- Enjoy individualized support for bringing out your personal ancestral calling
Graduates of the practitioner training may then elect to pursue certification in ancestral healing. For full details and application forms see: ancestralmedicine.org/practitionertraining.