Join Our Team
We’re seeking a new team member. Does this sound like you or someone you know?
Would you like to work for an online educational organization that encourages the embodiment of animist/earth-honoring values in ways that are culturally healing and accessible to people of diverse means, ancestries, and geographies? An organization that fosters work/life balance, creative team collaboration, and a commitment to social and Earth justice?
We are actively seeking a diverse applicant pool. Black, Indigenous, People of Color, LGBTQIA+ individuals, people with different abilities, parents, veterans, and folks with second(+) language proficiencies are all encouraged to apply. Ancestral Medicine is an equal opportunity employer.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes or applications, so if you are interested in working with us, please check back to learn of further opportunities. The best way to stay apprised of any open positions is by joining our newsletter, where we always announce open positions.
Please review the details on the job descriptions below and apply via the form provided. We anticipate a high volume of applications and won’t be able to respond to questions or resumes sent by email or social media. Read more and apply below.
Ancestral Medicine’s General Manager oversees the organization’s daily business activities, with an eye toward improving overall operational functions and ensuring team members are resourced and equipped to do their jobs. The AM General Manager will be responsible for tracking day-to-day operations, establishing and managing budgets, collaborating on and executing strategy plans, developing team policies, and communicating organizational goals.
Ancestral Medicine’s small but mighty team is fully remote and dispersed across the United States and Europe, which requires a General Manager focused on keeping the team informed, guided, and motivated. While hours are flexible, this position is full-time and, ideally, candidates will be based from eastern North America to Central Europe (from UTC–5:00 to UTC+1:00). The starting salary range for this position is $66,000-$70,000 USD.
AM’s General Manager will specifically:
- Lead a small team of full-time employees, part-time contractors, and service vendors to consistently and successfully deliver distinctive offerings focused on practical and powerful approaches to animist ethics, ancestral healing, ritual arts, and cultural change. This entails maintaining a deep understanding of the operational processes and tools of the organization and supervising, delegating, and managing critical responsibilities.
- Collaborate with organizational leadership and other managers to: determine short- and long-term objectives, understand requirements needed to fulfill those objectives, and share clear and intentional plans with the team for making progress on objectives.
- Design and manage the organization’s detailed operational budget to ensure reliable projections and healthy cash flow in both the short- and long-term. This includes consistently looking for opportunities for cost efficiency and general fiscal stability.
- Oversee a robust schedule of online and in-person offerings and ensure that all required resources are in place to design, build and promote offerings, drive registrations, offer timely communications, and provide attentive customer support.
- Lead regular staff meetings, working meetings, and one-on-one check-ins with individual staff and contractors to ensure that operational milestones and deadlines are being met on a predictable schedule.
- Track the health and morale of the team, identify opportunities for development and advancement of specific team members, determine when and if additional resources are needed, make recommendations on any staffing changes required, and serve as hiring manager when hiring.
- In collaboration with appropriate team members, work to standardize and/or automate repeated tasks and communications as much as is reasonable and generally identify opportunities to encourage more efficiency in the delivery of courses and trainings.
- Proven experience in people management and leadership with a motivation to help teams develop and be productive.
- Exceptionally strong organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written, that demonstrate thought, care, and a focus on problem solving.
- Knowledge of business processes and functions (finance, HR, operations etc.) and comfort with planning, budgeting, and money management.
- Strong analytical ability and skill in interpreting financial, enrollment, and engagement data to drive improvements.
- Healthy relationship with feedback (both giving and receiving), collaboration, and an ability to help team members focus on intent and larger objectives.
- Authentic support for the values and ethos driving AM offerings along with baseline understanding of and respect for the nature of the work carried out by AM with regard to ancestral healing, ritual, and cultural healing.
- An ethic of inclusivity that facilitates skillful interactions with an internationally and culturally diverse network of practitioners, course participants, and staff.
- Engagement, familiarity, and comfort using AM’s organizational tools: WordPress for content management, WooCommerce for ecommerce, ActiveCampaign email automation, Click Up for project management, Airtable for database management, Zoom, Google Workspace, Slack, LastPass, etc.
- A minimum of five years of experience in general or team management, program management, program administration, or similar.
How to Apply
Application materials for this position should include a resume and any supplemental materials you wish to provide.
To apply, please fill out the form below and upload all application materials as a single PDF or word document titled “[Your Last Name]_application”.
Applicants based in the United States must have legal permission to work in the U.S.