Update June 8, 2020: The application window for this position is now closed.
Ancestral Medicine is looking for an experienced customer service representative and administrative assistant to join our small team. This employee will perform customer communications including IT desk functions for our busy online education programs, as well as an assortment of admin maintenance. The customer service/administrative assistant AKA “people tender” position at Ancestral Medicine can be considered as both the gatekeeper and hearth-tender. This person will be responsible to be the face of Ancestral Medicine in many ways as the first point of contact with the organization.
This is a 5-day/week position with regular hours, likely Wednesday to Sunday, increasing to 30-40 hours per week. This position is primarily concerned with keeping up correspondence, ongoing tending with participants in Ancestral Medicine offerings, and supporting the infrastructures that hold it all together.
- Reply to inquiries from the public, including emails, registrations, and scholarship requests
- Update and correspond about registrations for all events and and online courses
- Expediently troubleshooting online course access for course participants (IT help desk)
- Maintain accurate records using our internal systems (including Active Campaign CRM, WordPress, Avada, Slack, Gmail, Google: Drive, Sheets, Docs, Calendar, Forms; Acuity, Paypal, Stripe)
- Monitor, engage, and skillfully reply to social media interaction
- Light bookkeeping/AR tasks in Paypal, Stripe, and Xero
- Learning and efficiently completing a variety of detailed step-by-step admin tasks to support online courses
- Creating transcriptions of meetings and calls
- Other admin assistant tasks as needs arise
- Educated and skillful around cultural competencies (e.g., queer-friendly, anti-racist, class-aware, international sensibilities)
- Can navigate correspondence with clarity, connectivity, and heart
- Excellent spelling and grammar in written communication
- Transcription experience or very fast typing with accuracy
- Excellent attention to detail on every level
- Experience actual joy and satisfaction with keeping things in order and getting things done – a passion for administrative streamlining and efficiency
- Extremely good at keeping track of multiple deadlines
- Tech-savvy mindset with ability to proactively problem-solve
- Pleasure in following specific tasks and procedures
- Ability to hold both the big picture and minute details with equal importance
- Extremely good organization using Gmail platform (familiarity with settings, filters, signatures, auto-replies), Google Drive, Google Docs, and Google Sheets
- Ability and ease with keeping sensitive information in confidence
- Ability to have difficult conversations
- Strong and reliable internet connection
- Ability and ease with taking direction and following up on assigned tasks
- Knowledge of the basic framework, personal experience with the ancestral lineage healing method in some capacity, and a good feeling about the work we offer
- Experience with WordPress (Avada theme) highly desired
- U.S. Citizenship or otherwise legally eligible to work in the United States
- Available for work hours during weekend days and three weekdays, in continental US timezones (UTC -5 to UTC -8)
Systems used: Active Campaign, Slack, Zoom, Gmail, Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Docs, Google Calendar, Acuity, Paypal, Stripe.
Location: Able to work remotely from home and to participate from home in online meetings via Zoom.
Starting wage is $21/hour based on U.S. national average compensation range for an admin assistant ($16-22).
Enrollment in current Ancestral Medicine online courses.
We are committed to equity and heartily encourage BIPOC, LGBTQ folks, and other applicants of diverse backgrounds to apply.