We Are Hiring an Administrative Assistant
Ancestral Medicine is looking for an experienced administrative assistant with strong customer service skills to join our two-person team as a remote employee.
This employee will work closely with the Founder/Owner (Daniel Foor) and Manager (Seyta Selter) to perform many regular functions of running most facets of our business, including a busy online learning school, an ancestral healing practitioner training, and international events production. The administrative assistant/customer service (a.k.a. “people tender”) position at Ancestral Medicine can be considered both gatekeeper and hearth-tender. As the point of first contact with the organization and regular steward of communications, this person will often serve as the face of Ancestral Medicine. The position is also concerned with overseeing course registrations, elements of event production, and overall operating of organizational infrastructure. This is a five-day per week position for approximately two hours per day to begin, increasing to around 20 hours per week as needed (and possible growth). Hours are flexible but need to be regular.
- Reply to inquiries from the public, including emails, registrations, and scholarship requests
- Update and correspond about registrations for all events and and online courses
- Maintain accurate records using our internal systems (including Active Campaign CRM, WordPress Avada, Dropbox, Gmail, Google: Drive, Sheets, Docs, Calendar, Forms; Acuity, Paypal, Stripe, Quickbooks Online)
- Monitor, engage, and skillfully reply to social media interaction
- Light bookkeeping/AR tasks
- Coordinate internal scheduling
- Detailed event planning tasks and tracking
- Possible management of posting on social media
- Possible creation of marketing content using Canva
- Possible updating of website
- Other special projects
- Culturally competent (e.g., queer-friendly, anti-racist, class-aware, aligned with decolonization efforts)
- Able to navigate correspondence with connectivity and heart
- Excellent spelling and grammar in written communication
- Ability to concisely yet genuinely honor personal stories shared by email (e.g., scholarship applicants, event registrants)
- Experience joy or at least satisfaction with keeping things in order and getting things done – a passion for administrative streamlining and efficiency
- Extremely good at keeping track of multiple deadlines and details
- Able to decisively follow through on specific tasks and procedures
- Ability to hold both the big picture and minute details with equal importance
- Self-initiated problem-solving capabilities
- Skillful and organized using the Gmail platform (familiarity with settings, filters, signatures, autoreplies, etc.), Drive, Docs, and Sheets
- Experience with WordPress highly desired (Avada theme is a bonus)
- Ability and ease with keeping sensitive information in confidence
- Ability to have difficult conversations
- Ability and ease with taking direction and following up on assigned tasks
- Ability to efficiently, directly, and professionally resolve any conflicts that may arise
- Knowledge of the basic framework and some type of experience personally with the ancestral lineage healing method
- United States Citizenship
Systems used: Active Campaign CRM, Dropbox, Gmail, Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Docs, Google Calendar, Acuity, Paypal, Stripe, Quickbooks Online
Location: Able to work remotely from home.
Hourly pay requisite with position and experience. Based on U.S. national average compensation range for an admin assistant ($16-22), starting pay will be in the $21-23/hour range.
Enrollment in current Ancestral Medicine online courses included.
We are committed to equity and heartily encourage BIPOC, LGBTQ folks, and other applicants of diverse backgrounds to apply.